Making career change after 40 is often seen as ‘too hard’ or ‘too late’, but this series of interviews will showcase a range of stories with women who have done exactly that.
In her late 40’s Alison Vidotto was happy in a successful and challenging career, but a massive growth spurt in the family business meant she had to leave her job to step in as CEO to oversee the strategy and direction of the business.
Whilst stepping in as CEO of Vidotto Group wasn’t in her original plan, Alison made a decision to actively build a passion for the role, adding to her qualifications to improve her confidence. Along the way she also discovered another passion to help small businesses to grow and stay in business.
In this episode she shares:
- How she had to find and develop a passion for the business
- The challenges of imposter syndrome and how she managed it
- The contrast in communication styles of the type of people she was working with compared to what she was used to
- The challenge of explosive growth vs the challenge of a market crash
- The most important support she got to help with the transition and growth
- Building the family business back up to 7 figures and beyond
If you have ever thought that making a career change after 40 is too late or too hard then listen to this episode.
You can also find out more about Alison and connect with her here:
LinkedIn:Â Â https://www.linkedin.com/in/alisonvidotto/
Thank you for listening!
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!