Career Change after 40 – From Financial Planner to Social Media with Savvy Sally
Savvy Sally has had an interesting professional life made up of unusual ‘accidental’ job opportunities.
Not shy of hard work, studying – after finishing her law degree, Sally did an additional 8 years of training to qualify and operate as a financial planner, then did another ‘about face’ to work for herself as a social media manager and marketer for small businesses.
In this podcast interview Sally shares:
- the clues that were always there about what she was ‘meant’ to be doing for work
- the life changing impact of a cup of tea and 1am wines
- The impact of imposter syndrome and how she got over that
- How she handled the financial side of things to make her move to working for herself
- What to do if you feel like there’s already ‘so many’ other people doing what you want to do
Sally is an open, positive and bubbly personality who shares her experience of transitioning to working for herself. If you’re in a role that is no longer working for you, then this interview has some great insights for you as you consider what’s next for you.
Thank you for listening.
Want to continue the conversation about you making the transition from employee to working for yourself? Come and join the private Facebook group: Career Change – Start and grow your own business
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!