Career Change After 40 – From FMCG to Body Love with Emma Polette
This career change after 40 interview series keeps uncovering and sharing the stories of great, ‘ordinary‘ women who left successful careers to work for themselves…
After ‘falling’ into a career in FMCG Emma Polette found herself managing multi-million dollar budgets, with a National role she was good at, but didn’t love, in a boys club industry…
Then a few health issues kicked in [as seems to often be the case with high achieving women], leading her to consider doing something else and so she did …
The way Emma found her new direction was a little unusual, but in this podcast episode she shares:
- A comment a colleague made to Emma that made Shandra cranky
- The moment the epiphany hit about what she wanted to do and how to escape the big city to start a new career
- The epic way she ‘gave notice’ and left her role gracefully
- The varying reactions from people who heard she was leaving her high paying job
- What she realised with hindsight that could have helped her build her business faster
- What happens on the new moon that impacts her business
- How and what direction her business is growing in
Emma is a fabulous example of what’s possible when you’re ready to bundle up what you’re good at and what you believe in to start working for yourself.
If you want to find out more and connect with Emma you can do that here:
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Do you want to continue the conversation about how you could make the transition from employee to working for yourself?
Come and join the private Facebook group: Career Change – Start and grow your own business
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!