Career Change After 40 – From Government to Survivorship Coach with Michelle Irving
Sometimes you might want to make a career change because you get to a stage where you want a different lifestyle, or you want to bring an idea for your own business to life, but unfortunately sometimes it happens because of significant health concerns…
That was the case for Michelle Irving… after 20 years in various senior roles in Government departments, a serious health issue led to a major redirection in her work life.
Now, Michelle is a Survivorship Coach – one of the first in Australia – working with women with significant health conditions to support them in managing their condition beyond hospital care, as well as how to effectively communicate with others in their life.
In this podcast interview Michelle shares:
- How her background in philosophy influenced her path
- What she saw in her workplace that made her think differently
- A fortunate ‘vanity’ appointment that changed her life
- A map she used to deal with her road to recovery
- What she did whilst she was still employed that helped develop her new direction
- Tips for others feeling stuck in a job environment that’s not working for them and how to get started with your business idea
If you would like to find out more about Michelle and her upcoming online program for women you can connect with her here:
Thank you for listening!
Continue the conversation:
If you want to start a business to work for yourself one day, and want to grow a successful business come and join our private Facebook group â Career Change â Start and Grown Your Small BusinessÂ so you can connect with others on the same path and share insights, challenges and questions to help to create a work life we love.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!