Feeling like a cog in a wheel was a catalyst for career change…
After 20 years in local government policy and strategy, Tamsin Somerville felt like a cog in a wheel, and an overnight camping trip sparked the beginning of a whole new career chapter…
She is now the CEO and Founder of Vivo Bodywear – a soon to be released range of absorbable underwear.
In this podcast interview episode Tamsin shares with Shandra
- How she went from ‘relatively happy’ to inspired with a new business idea
- The first steps she took to start a product based business
- What really drove her desire to start her own business
- Things that took longer than she thought that she wish she kew earlier
- How her family and others responded to her business plans
- Her thoughts on the pros and cons of a product business compared to a service business
- Three tips for anyone with an idea for their own business
You can connect with and learn more about Tamsin here:
Plus – if you’re considering starting your own business and want to know what to focus and work on in your first year in business you can download a brand new free eBook ‘The Top 4 Priority Focus Areas for a Profitable First Year in Business’…. it’s a summary of interviews and conversations with more than 40 successful women in business and what they now know are the most important things for you to focus on to create a business that gives you the income and lifestyle you’re looking for as quickly as possible.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!