Career Change after 40 Interview – from HR Exec to Social Media with Donna Marks
Not every career change to start your own business stays in the same ‘lane way’ of work or industry that you’ve done before… sometimes it’s down a very different road!
Donna Marks was a successful HR Exec, she loved her job and was used to working long hours and managing all the stress that comes with a senior role… but after having kids she felt she changed as a person and wanted to still love her career, but also be more present for her kids.
She tried moving to a ‘lesser’ role thinking it would be easier and less stressful – unfortunately as is often the case – it didn’t turn out that way… After some advice from and unusual ‘consultant’ and encouragement from her partner she ‘retired’ – or so she thought!
In this podcast episode Donna shares:
- Why her ‘retirement’ only lasted a very short time
- How she worked out what she wanted to do as a business
- The 3 things she had when she started her business
- How she managed the knowledge gap in a totally new industry
- The ways money has impacted at different stages of making the move to working for herself
- What happened when she was booked out within 3 months
- Simple advice to you if you’re stuck in a job you don’t love and want to do your own thing
Donna is a fabulous, down to earth woman who created a brand new business from scratch and grew it to capacity in only 3 months and she is great inspiration for anyone wanting to make a move to creating their own business, and a lifestyle that works for you.
To connect with Donna:
And if you are thinking about working for yourself one day, or want to grow your business come and join our private Facebook group â Career Change â Start and Grown Your Small Business so you can connect with others on the same path and share insights, challenges and questions to help each other create a work life you love.
Thank you for listening!
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!