Making a career change can be challenging at any age – but after 40 a lot of people, especially women, feel like they might have left it too late to make change…
That’s the reason why this podcast interview series was created – to showcase a range of stories of women who have gotten to a point where they said enough!
Now it’s time for me to do something I really want to do!
Robin Rakowsky was a librarian for 20 years when she felt that something was calling her to make a change and do something different… she just couldn’t imagine herself sitting at a desk fro the rest of her working life…
She started looking at courses that might give her a bit of an outlet and as a result she now works for herself as a Floral Designer and totally loves what she does.
In this podcast interview, Robin shares:
- The influence her family had on making the change
- The surprising household addition that has added extra joy
- What it feels like when she’s in the zone of her work
- Mantras she lives and works by
- Why she thinks it’s easier to make career change later in life
- How she uses her past experience in very different roles and industries in her work today
- and tips for anyone wanting to make a change to do their own thing
Enjoy this episode and thank you for listening.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!