Sometimes the path to a career change to start your own business after 40 is not a straight line…
In fact – it’s probably not a straight line most of the time!
After a decade as an IT Project Manager and a few meandering streams Mel de Gioia has landed on a business that she thinks was destined to happen and Covid just accelerated the timeline…
In her 30’s she loved her career and would never have even considered starting her own business, but with hindsight can see how many of her eclectic experiences now contribute to how she has set up and runs her business.
In this podcast interview episode Mel shares with Shandra:
- How her husband opened the door to her entrepreneurial spirit – it involves a Ferrari
- The unintended passion that opened up for her in her 40’s
- How NASA impacted part of her business
- The Mission that inspires and drives her
- How long it took her to really nail her idea
- The identity questions that helped her refine what she really wanted to do – and what she didn’t
- Her tips for others wanting to explore starting their own business
Mel has a fantastic mission that contributes on a local, national and global level and you can connect with her here:
Plus – if you’re considering leaving a career to start your own business and want to know what to focus and work on in your first year in business you can download a brand new free eBook ‘The Top 4 Priority Focus Areas for a Profitable First Year in Business’…. it’s a summary of interviews and conversations with more than 40 successful women in business and what they now know are the most important thing for you to focus on to create a business that gives you the income and lifestyle you’re looking for as quickly as possible.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!