Making a career change from a high powered job to working for yourself takes a decent dose of self belief.
Wendy Alexander took that leap after more than 20 years working as a Project Manger and consultant for some of Australia’s biggest companies.
For her, the idea had been bubbling away for some time and it took a few personal events to give her the final push she needed to make her move to work for herself instead of for others.
In this podcast interview episode, Wendy shares:
- The real catalyst for her decision to start her own business
- A life long love that opened up a business idea
- How her friends and family influenced the creation of the business
- The things she worried most about when starting out
- The impact being an independent woman had on her move
- The challenges of the first 6 months in business
- Why she knows she will never go back to corporate work
- The support she thinks all humans need – especially in times of change
Wendy is a great example of turning something you love into what you do for work and shares great tips for anyone thinking it’s time to start your own business.
You can find out more and connect with Wendy here:
If you want to start a business to work for yourself one day, and want to grow a successful business come and join our private Facebook group â Career Change â Start and Grown Your Small BusinessÂ so you can connect with others on the same path and share insights, challenges and questions to help you to create a work life you love.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!