Not many people make a career change from a ‘cushy’ govt job to a million dollar business…
Karen Geloven made that leap by redirecting her passion for teaching and has turned it into a multimillion dollar tutoring business focused on providing support for kids needing more help with maths and english.
A driven and genuine life long learner, Karen is a fantastic example of what’s possible… her story shows what can happen when you combine passion with a solid work ethic to create a business that challenges and inspires you, whilst making a big impact in the lives of your clients.
In this podcast interview episode Karen shares with Shandra:
- The impact of seeing so many kids ‘falling behind’ in school
- Frustrations that led to her decision to explore other options
- Fears around not making enough money
- How she ‘fell’ into the business opportunity
- The creativity that opened up through her determination to buy the business without the money
- What has driven her expansion from 1 centre to 7
- Her tips for women with an idea to do their own thing after a career
Karen is a fantastic business owner and shares some great insights on the road to a super successful business – and she honestly believes that if she can do it, then anyone can.
You can find out more and connect with Karen here:
Plus – if you’re considering leaving a career to start your own business and want to know what to focus and work on in your first year in business you can download a brand new free eBook ‘The Top 4 Priority Focus Areas for a Profitable First Year in Business’.… it’s a summary of interviews and conversations with more than 40 successful women in business and what they now know are the most important thing for you to focus on to create a business that gives you the income and lifestyle you’re looking for as quickly as possible.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!