A lot of people ‘talk’ about making a career change, to quit their comfortable job and go travelling, but VERY few actually do it…
Lisa Joy is living a work life that is certainly not for everyone, but it’s PERFECT for her.
That’s the point of making career change – to make every move take you closer to living a work life you love.
Lisa started out with a Science degree and ended up a newsreader on one of Australian’s biggest and best radio networks, then landed a job as a TV producer and now regards herself as an “ABC Gypsy”, travelling Australia picking up work at regional radio stations along the way.
In this episode, as part of the Career change series, Lisa shares:
- How she got her first gig on the radio
- The strategy that repeatedly worked to get her some of the most aspirational jobs in the media industry
- How she manages money without the ‘certainty’ of a monthly pay day
- Notes from coaching sessions she had 10 years ago that got her moving then and still hold true for her today
- How she got work on the way to a party
- The side gig that has opened up a whole new world for her
- Her approach to managing risk in the way she works now
This is a great episode to showcase a different type of career change – instead of changing what she did, she changed ‘how’ she does it…
If you want to make a change to your work life, whilst leveraging your experience, this episode will give you some ideas of how you can get started, and curate a work life you love.
Thank you for listening – and remember to share this episode with someone you know who might be ready for a work life shake up.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!