Have you thought about making career change and told yourself it’s too late for you?
This career change interview series could be just the inspiration you need…Â
Brisbane mum of two Jo Burgess has a great story to tell about her many career change moves from being a hairdresser to salon owner, to being a co-founder of a software system for the salon industry, launching a distribution company and now cofounder of Life Sorted – one of the most highly rated family organiser Apps on the Apps store!
She is also a genuinely lovely human being!
In this interview Jo shares:
- How she got started and how she made the leap from ‘hands on creative’ into technology
- What others thought when she made the transition
- The unexpected difference she struggled with after she made the leap to a new industry
- The key support she tapped into to help make the changes she made
- How she used problems she was dealing with to create new products
- The burning idea in 2011 that wouldn’t go away and how it turned into Life Sorted
- Managing money throughout a career change
- Her tips for anyone wanting to make a shift in their work life
If you are at a point of wanting to create some sort of change in your work life, if you want to launch something new, or just do something different – then there are so many great nuggets in Jo’s story that you can apply to your situation!
Her story is great proof that it is never too late to make significant change to doing work you actually love!
If you are considering a career change then get a copy of our free guide, ‘The Top 10 In-Demand skills for Women Making a Career Change’ – get your copy hereÂ so you can see which skills you already have that you can leverage to make your next move with confidence.
Thank you for listening!
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!