Continuing the career change interview series –
How do you go from being a Lawyer and then move into the online learning space – whilst launching and selling a few other businesses in between???
Liz Kolias did exactly that – whilst being a busy mum of 3 along the way.
Liz is currently the Customer Relationship Manager at VidVersity and cofounder of a boutique co-working space in Bondi Junction.
Her work life started with getting a law degree and working in a family practice, moved into an online learning business, then a physical co-working space, so she has a lot of experience and insight to share that is relevant to anyone considering a career move – especially a career change to working for yourself.
In this interview she shares:
- How she divides her career and the significant moments that were the catalyst for change
- Going from a convention career to one that fitted her lifestyle
- What her ‘ideal’ imagined work life looked like
- The moment that upturned her ‘perfect’ work situation and forced a decision about the next phase of her career
- Her biggest lessons about working for yourself
- How money influenced her approach to change
- What Not to do if you are starting your own business
- A work philosophy she lives and works by
- What she thinks everyone needs to succeed in work life
Liz is a serial entrepreneur, her reflections looking back on the choices she made and her continuing journey provide great insight for anyone on the cusp of considering starting their own side gig, or leaving a traditional job to start a new business.
If you are considering a career change then get a copy of our free guide, ‘The Top 10 In-Demand skills for Women Making a Career Change’ – get your copy hereÂ so you can see which skills you already have that you can leverage to make your next move with confidence.
Thank you for listening!
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!