The thought of changing direction in your career can be a scary one…
Especially if you think you want to make a career change to do something quite different from what you’ve been doing for a while…
I recently realised that this month is 4 years since I quit my last corporate job and so I’ve been reflecting on the last few years and the lessons, or learnings I’ve had that could be helpful for you if you are on the cusp of making some sort of career change.
A career change doesn’t necessarily mean you have to quit your job – it might be that you want to step thing up to get a promotion within your current workplace, or it could be a move across to a new role in a different industry, or it could be you starting to do your own thing, creating a new product, maybe doing project work, setting up a business or consultancy.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How it felt to go back to my old workplace to work in a different capacity
- A quote that’s incorrectly ben attributed to Jim Carrey
- How things went for me when I tried dropping to 4 days a week
- Who I worked with that helped me to get clear about leaving my last job
- 6 learnings that can help you feel confident about your next career move