Did you know there are a stack of studies that show the massive benefits to being an optimist?
Optimism during times of change can be a great tool to use to help build your resilience and ability to handle life’s challenges more easily.
This is not to say that being an optimist means you ignore the stark and sometimes harsh realities of daily life, it’s more about how you choose to interpret and respond to what’s happening and your unique sense of your innate ability to change and grow through whatever is happening, or has happened…
It’s easy to just drown in the daily wave of negative news and the tragic things that happen around you , or around the world, but there are actually many things that are likely going very well – and much better than they were in the past – the media and our brain’s just don’t focus on that so much…
In this week’s episode, Shandra shares:
- What some studies have revealed about the benefits of optimism
- the definition of optimism
- the dangers of being one sided with optimism
- 10 practical ideas of things you can do to build you own sense of optimism
- A compliment just for you 🙂
- the weirdest thing she has ever celebrated – it’s very odd…
- A new take on the glass is half full analogy
“I am and will always be the optimist, the hoper of far flung hopes and the dreamer of improbably dreams”
Hope you enjoy listening and get some great ideas to inject some more optimism into your work and life.
Thank you for listening!
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review which will help other people to find it… thank you!