Insights from Career Change Interview Series 2
After doing another four interviews with women who have made significant career change in their work lives, this episode is a bit of a summary of how they made their career change and shares some common themes and ideas as insights from the interviews.
- Jo – went from hairdresser to software development and creator of an app, as a side gig to a part time role
- Liz – went from lawyer to setting up a co-working space and an online learning platform
- Nicky – went from hospitality to selling boats, weekend retreat escapes and co-owns a gelati store
- Lisa – went from full time in the media to freelancing and writing a book on the side whilst travelling around Australia
Whilst all four women have very different stories and do very different work from each other, there are a few things that seemed to be common to most, if not all of them.
These commonalities are great little ideas that you can try on as you potentially consider making a career change for yourself.
This episode shares ideas from the interviews, that will help you to learn from others so you can start to think about your own career change…
In this episode Shandra shares:
- A ‘love you work’ quote that she disagrees with
- 7 insights of common ideas across the different stories, that you can try on
- Practical examples of how they were applied by the women in the interviews
If you haven’t listened to the interviews yet, this is a ‘cheat sheet’ of lessons and takeouts – and then you can go back and listen to the interviews!
Thank you for listening!
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?
Also I would love it if you left a rating and review on iTunes which will help other people to find it… thank you!