Getting – and keeping – motivation when you’re making change can be a challenge…
Your inner voice can give you mantras that motivate you through change, or completely drag you down….
The dominant thoughts you think, and what you tell yourself is hugely influential on how you feel, what you do and the results that you get… so you want to arm yourself with a few great mantras that will lift you up and motivate you – especially when you are approaching or going through a time of change…
In this episode Shandra will share 7 great mantras so you can find at least one to experiment with to see how it works for you in your own work and life.
A mantra is apparently originally from Hinuism and Buddhism and is a word or sound repeated to aid in concentration in meditation, and whilst that can be very useful – this podcast is looking more at mantras you can use and repeat silently to yourself to manage and direct your focus towards things that are expansive, positive and assist you to tap into your inner wisdom when faced with situations, or choices that may be challenging.
In this episode Shandra shares:
- The different ways mantras can be used in work and life
- Why they are helpful in times of making change
- A great quote from Dr Seuss – a highly credible author for personal development!
- Mantras she uses regularly to direct her focus and manage difficult situations
- When you can use mantras in your day – especially if you are approaching or in the middle of making some sort of change to your work situation
… And weirdly, she uses the phrase ‘ishy squishy’… which is probably not even real english…
Enjoy this episode and thank you for listening!
PS – One of the mantra’s was talked about in a bit more detail in a previous episode and you can listen to it here: ‘Loving Your Work and Yourself’.
Do you like this sort of food for thought?
Want to make sure you are the first to hear every new episode?